Jun 6, 2011

GIGANTES and Food Festivals.

It's getting easier, the cravings for candy have subsided and I can shut out the smells of summer BBQ without having to drink a beer.

Thankfully our summer walks have exposed me to a multitude of international cuisines here in Toronto and soon it will be food festival season...minus the meat for me.

Taste of the Danforth, Taste of little Italy, China Town festival, Caribana and even the Pedestrian Sundays in kensington have an urban food flavoured theme.
This year i'll have to dig a little deeper for the vegetarian option , but that is precisely what excites me.
I'm preparing for a taste adventure.

Here's a little sampler bowl i've recreated from my tasting trips.

IMG_1428

Gigantes with roasted eggplant, red peppers and tomato and grilled Okra Fries

1 comment:

  1. Alex! This looks so good! Please make this for me the next time I come over.

    ReplyDelete